Power Primitives is a ZBrush plugin that adds useful tools for low poly modeling and blocking:
- 30 new primitive shapes that ZBrush lacks: cube, pyramid, sphere, cone of 6 sides, cone of 5 sides, frustum cone, prism, cylinder of 6 sides, cylinder of 8 sides, star shaped prism, grid, disc, octahedron, cube-pyramid, bipyramid, quartz crystal, tetrahedron, triangular prism, frustum pyramid, icosahedron, dodecahedron, torus with triangular section, torus with cube section, torus with pentacle section, torus of 6 faces section, hollow box, hollow cylinder, quads sphere, geosphere of 32 faces, and geosphere of 80 faces.
- Quick visual access to ZModeler primitives.
- A new original dial to set the resolution of ZModeler primitives in X,Y and Z at once.
- Buttons to choose the way that the primitives are added to subtools: Replace mode (replaces the current subtool) or Add mode (is added as a new subtool without replacing).
- "Polygroups by normals" button to set a polygroup for coplanar faces.
- "Polygroup by angle" button and dial to set the polygroups depending of the angle between faces, so you can control easily the grouping of the faces.
The plugin includes a PDF tutorial for installation and using it.
You can use this plugin in many ways:
- Model using the 30 new primitives directly in models that require these shapes.
- Join them with Dynamesh so you can use the result, both for organic or hard surface modeling.
- Use them with ZModeler, and it will speed up your workflow.
- Use them for boolean modeling.
With such a quantity and variety of shapes, this plugin is a powerful tool for blocking, composing, and modeling.
A must have for every ZBrush modeler!
COMPATIBLE WITH: ZBrush 2019 and ZBrush 2021 and up.
Changes in Power Primitives 1.3:
- Now the plugin detects if you are in Edit mode. In fresh installs, ZBush is not in Edit mode. If you are not, it converts the added shape to Polymesh3D automatically so you can place it in 2.5D if you like, or immediately click the "Edit" button and start modeling.