This guide will give you an idea on the basic steps needed to create a creature concept. I wanted to create something mammalian that is peaceful but also alien in nature. The process includes the creation of 25 thumbnails, 7 head studies, a few poses, 4 color variations before creating the final realistic concept art illustration.
I included a document file as a step by step guide on my process. Creating a creature design is all about understanding animal anatomy first then mixing and matching them to unusual shapes you can come up with.
If you need any clarifications, feel free to drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Release Date: May 5, 2019
Disclaimer: My views and painting process in this tutorial might be different from my current views.
- PDF Guide 12 pages
- Final Concept Render (PSD and jpg)
- Process steps (PSD and jpg)
- Color Studies (PSD and jpg)
- 7 Head Studies (PSD and jpg)
- Pose Studies (PSD and jpg)
- 25 Creature Thumbnails (PSD and jpg)
- All animal references used
- Procreate Video - Thumbnails (NO AUDIO!)
- Procreate Video - Heads (NO AUDIO!)
- Procreate Video - Poses (NO AUDIO!)
- Photoshop Timelapse - Colors (NO AUDIO!)
- Photoshop Timelapse - Final Render (NO AUDIO!)
Get my brushes and other free stuff:
Thank you very much for the support! It means a lot!
I would love to hear back from you and see your results!
Please feel free to message me at email@example.com
My other websites: