Learn how I built my snow material with exposed parameters for melt amount, enabling snow to melt naturally into water. This material is a part of my Signature Series collaboration with Allegorithmic: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qm12z
Use this tutorial as a detailed step by step guide for how to recreate my Melting Snow from scratch.
This tutorial follows a walkthrough format, where I go through how I built each of the components in the graph including:
- Base Shapes
- Shape manipulation
- Snow, Crystals, and Clumps
- Melt Water and Slush
- Setting up Melt Parameters
- Diffuse, Normals, AO, and Roughness.
Intermediate Level, you should be familiar with the basic nodes and workflows in Substance Designer.
- 40+ minutes walkthrough covering the entire graph from start to finish.
- 1080 Resolution
- Non-directional warp node (credit to Evan Liaw and Bradford Smith) and my simple preview node are included
Personal, Indie, and Studio Licenses are available. Personal licenses do NOT apply to companies.
*Digital products are non-refundable