WHAT IS THIS?
This is a step by step modeling and rendering tutorial on how to create the Hex Cyber Muscles you see in the cover. The tutorial runs at normal speed with real-time narration of everything I'm doing, starting from a blank scene to the final product image.
DISCLAIMER: I used a paid addon for Blender called Curve Basher to generate the cables coming out of the tips but you can still follow along using this vanilla blender technique: https://youtu.be/gwHz3yR74G4
- Modeling the Hexagonal pattern.
- Using deformers to re-shape the pattern.
- Better performance with Collection Instances.
- Curve Basher's "Wire Generator Tool".
- Super simple render setup (nothing fancy).
- Basic Materials (again, nothing fancy).
- Make a basic render look awesome with Filters and Adjustment Layers (Depth of Field, Sharpness, Contrast, etc...).
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
Duration: Aprox 1 hour of video recordings in realtime. The process is really fast once you know how to do it.
Speed: The tutorial runs at normal speed (there's a couple of obvious timelapses like when rendering the final image in keyshot or when I encounter an ultra repetitive process).
Audio Commentary: Live commentary as I work on the project (English).
Software used: Blender (Modeling), Keyshot (Rendering), Affinity Photo (Post Effects).
Additional Assets: Blender Scene, Keyshot Scene, Affinity Photo Project.
REPORT ANY ISSUES TO: armoredColony@gmail.com
I don't own Affinity Photo, can I just used Photoshop instead?
Yes, they are both very similar photo-editing software and a lot of what you see still applies.
I don't own Curve Basher, can I still follow along?
Yes, I made a special video for those that don't have the addon (slower technique but still doable): https://youtu.be/gwHz3yR74G4