Add an authentic, comic-book style to your work with my go-to vintage inking kit.
If you're a long-time comic book fan like me, you appreciate the art of inking. I crafted these brushes to mimic the vintage, comic-inspired look Procreate was missing. They deliver a subtle textured look that imitates the ink-bleed on old newsprint comic books. Modern versions are also included without the effect. Same feel but with a sharper edge. Perfect for adding natural touches and a more traditional feel to your line work.
A Complete Professional, Vintage Ink Kit for Procreate:
The brush set also includes a collection of 4 high resolution vintage paper textures, a PDF Brush Guide, and the following brushes
- 6B Pencil
- Vintage Inker
- Modern Inker
- Modern Inker Fat (For filling in large areas)
- Janson Inker (If you don't know Klaus Janson, Google him!)
- CrowQuill Pen
- Ashley Dry Brush (Inspired by Ashley Wood's Inking)
- Vintage Tech Pen (Great for Comic-style, lettering or line work)
- Vintage Tech Pen Smooth (Great for Comic-style, lettering or line work)
- Paper Grain Inker (For filling larger areas or finer line work with more bleed),
- 45 Halftone Line (For that finishing touch)
- 45 Average Halftone Dot (For that finishing touch)
- BONUS: 4 High-Resolution Vintage Paper Textures, Masking Pallette, and Tutorial Guide. Paper tutorial video available HERE.
NOTE: THESE BRUSHES ARE FOR PROCREATE 5+. THEY WILL NOT WORK IN PHOTOSHOP.
INCLUDED: Zip file containing 12 Procreate Brushes, PDF Brush Guide with easy install guide, 4 Vintage Paper Textures, Masking Palette, and a How-to PDF guide to get you started.
Share your creations using #inkgangbossbrushes or #inkgangboss
With the launch of Procreate 5 I've gone through the Vintage Ink brush pack and made some upgrades where it made sense.
SO WHAT IS NEW?
- Upated for Procreate 5
- Brushes can be reset to their default settings from the new “About This Brush” tab.
- Each brush embedded with our official Ink Gang Boss seal.
- The 45 Halftone Dot and Halftone Line brushes from the Vintage Comic Ink Pack behave as seamless brushes now. You can lift your pencil and the pattern won't break when you continue your drawing. Please note that the pattern stays intact as long as you don't rotate your canvas.
- Updated installation instructions included in brush guide PDF.
Update to Procerate 5 is required for this update.
Our installation instructions have changed. If you have not installed brushes since the release of iPadOS 13, please follow the instructions provided in the included PDF or by going to the link below: