Check out the demo/tutorial walkthrough video first, to familiarize yourself with the workflow, and learn exactly what this Houdini setup does/doesn't do.
This is the Houdini scene, and folder structure setup, for my mesh cleanup tool I built for the maps model importer blender addon. If you've used Maps model importer in the past, and wished there was a way to generate a clean mesh and a single texture file, then look no further - This Houdini tool/workflow will help you.
What it does:
- unifies the tiled meshes(exported from blender), into a single cohesive cleaned-up mesh
- bakes the individual textures, from Maps Model Importer, into a single texture map
- renders a thumbnail image of the end result for easy browsing
What you need/pre-requisites (as this tool intends to be a clean-up step to the results provided by other software):
- Maps Model Importer (check the GitHub documentation to see what versions you need)
What's Included in this product:
- Folder structure (this is important, the tool wont work without maintaining this folder structure)
- Houdini Indie scene containing template/workflow tool
I haven't really done much further development on this setup since I created it a while back. If you have any feedback, please let me know.