In this tutorial I will cover the complete creation of a post-apocalyptic environment, based off of a photographic background plate/image. We will go over, in real-time, Preparing and cleanup of your input plate, reference projections setup, rough light matching, set-dressing and layout, simple textures in Photoshop, modelling and shading custom assets, compositing, final touches and paint-over in Photoshop. The only thing not covered in this tutorial is the creation of the background plate photography and stitching of the panorama.
View the high resolution final image, other supporting images, and backstory here:
******** NOTE: READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING ********
- This is not a beginner tutorial, nor an "intro-to/how-to-use 'x' software" tutorial. You should already have an intermediate understanding of the concepts and fundamentals of the software(Maya, Clarisse iFX, Nuke, and Photoshop) before purchasing this.
- The tutorial was recorded in 4k UHD and downresed to 1440p. It is recommended to view on 27" or larger monitor to ensure clear readability of text on screen
- Other than the video files, there are no other assets included to be downloaded
- be sure to have read the entire description contents(before and after this line), as well as download the free intro variant, before purchasing anything so you know exactly what you are getting.
TECHNICAL FILE DETAILS:
- Chapters: 14 chapters split across 20(including intro and outtro) files total
- file type: .mov
- Total Length: ~19.5 hours
- resolution: 2560x1440
- frame rate: 60 fps
- encoding: H.264
- network stream-able (useful if you plan to store on and view from a networked drive)