QUICKLY ADD SURFACE IMPERFECTION ONTO ANY 3D MODEL
- 50 Tileable Roughness Maps (+ 10 BONUS Maps) – 8-Bit PNG – 4096 x 4096
- How To Setup A Basic Material In Cinema 4D Or Blender
- Photo Capturing V.S Procedurally Making Roughness Maps Digitally
- Manually Create Tileable Roughness Maps With A Camera & Substance Alchemist
- Procedurally Create Surface Imperfection Maps With Substance Designer
- Combine Maps To Make Them More Complex
5 Categories of Roughness Maps
- Dirty, Damaged & Stained
- Experimental (Artistic Surface Imperfection)
- Fine Dust
- Fingerprints & Handprints
- Scratches Version 2
Why Should You Use Surface Imperfection Maps?
In reality perfectly clean surfaces do not exist. Even the cleanest surfaces contain imperfections. Whether its subtle scratches from wiping a surface or fingerprints left on a surface from dirty hands.
To push more towards realism within the 3D realm, roughness maps help us to add surface imperfection onto 3D surfaces. Since these are regular roughness maps they can be used in any 3D program.
I’ve designed 50 roughness maps for creating surface imperfection that you can start using in your scenes to save you some time and get that surface imperfection that can help push your 3D models closer towards realism.
The roughness maps can also be used in Substance Painter where you can paint roughness directly onto your 3D model. This allows you to mix and match roughness maps together to get varied and interesting results.
RESOURCES + KNOWLEDGE :)
RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE FOR TUTORIALS
- Cinema 4D
- Octane Render
- Substance Designer (Main program for creating the roughness maps)
- Substance Alchemist
- Adobe Photoshop
This product can be used commercially on any project. Please do not repackage, share or resell this content.