Arnold Operators For Artists
by Donny Murdiyono
Arnold Operator is a new feature starting from mtoa 3.2.0. This course is written to show you how to use Arnold Operator easily. No scripting or long technical explanations. Just a simple artist to artist explanations. This course is written in a step by step PDF format that allows you to focus on your learning and creativity.
- How can we work procedurally / non-destructively in Maya?
- Updating model requires updating shader assignments which require updating master scenes for lighting
- Creating variations are tricky
- Loading materials and objects are heavy in complex scenes
- Arnold Operator is quite technical to learn
- Understanding Alembic Workflow
- General use of Alembic with Arnold Stand-ins
- Easy to understand the use of Arnold Operators
- Simple and effective Asset to Rendering workflow which applies to most industry-standard pipeline
- Proper naming conventions for an efficient way of working
A good workflow always brings good results. This course is good for you, whether you're a beginner or have experience in Maya and would like to extend your knowledge for Look Development, Lighting, and Rendering.
What You'll Get
- About 80 pages of easy to follow step by step written tutorial in PDF
- A project file that has been structured to guide your practice
- Alembic based workflow for Look Development, Lighting and Rendering
- Support for issues regarding the course (Look Development, Lighting, Rendering) 24/7.
- Software Used: Maya 2018, Arnold mtoa 3.3.0
- Skill Level: Beginner-Intermediate (knowledge of basic Maya and Arnold are needed)
About The Example Project
- All necessary Maya and texture files are provided in the project files
- All models can be used for your personal and non-commercial project
Please drop me a line for any questions, feedback or comments :)