TM Version Up is a small python plugin which simply add a button "Version Up" into the File menu.
It also assigns F12 as shortcut.
Here is a very short video showing it !
What does this "Version Up" button do exactly ?
- It "save as", a new incremented version of your substance painter project/file.
- If no version are present in the name already, it will add one automatically and save as.
- Otherwise it will respect your current version naming convention.
- If the file already exists in this folder, it will find the next/latest version available.
Still not sure ? Here are few examples :
yourProject_v002.spp --> click Version Up --> yourProject_v003.spp
anotherProject.spp --> click Version Up --> anotherProject_v001.spp
veryComplex_name_v00187.spp --> click Version Up --> veryComplex_name_v00188.spp
I hope you will find it useful !
You will get :
Substance Painter 2020.1+ (6.1.0+)
If you like this tool, please share the link, write a review and if you feel so, you can buy me a tea using the fair price amount :)
"Why does the button is grayed out ?"It is probably because you haven't saved your project at least once first. Obviously TM Version Up can't guess the name and where to save your current project if you haven't tell substance painter at all. Save it once do decide his name an path and then you will never have to do it again for this project.
Bug fix :
- Fixed issue where TM Version Up was saving your file in another folder when your filename also appeared in your path.