A tutorial dedicated to the tools and techniques inside of Marvelous Designer (version 9)
From the UI to sculpting mode, the tutorial captures all the aspects of the program helping you tackle the creation of the garments, finding solutions to problems and encourages to think outside the box.
The tutorial is suitable for hobbyists and professionals. The skillset you will learn can be applied to the video game, film and collectables industries as well as for clothing design and visualisation.
Almost ten hours of professionally narrated and edited content.
1. The One Fundamental Thing About Marvelous Designer
2. Useful Things About The UI
3. Texture vs Background Image
4. Select and Orginise Part 1
5. Select and Orginise Part 2
6. Using Match Up
7. The Secrets Of The Right Click
9. Adding And Customizing Volumes On The Avatar
10. Understanding Warp and Weft
11. Garment Fit
13. Direct Positioning Or When Your Avatar Has Legs For Arms
14. Smart Arrangement And Superimpose
15. Seams And Sewing
16. Fold Angle
17. Many Things About The Lines
18. Many Things About The Points
19. Cutting Smartly
20. Smooth Curve
23. Press And Turned Sewing Line
24. Seam Taping, Bond and Skive
25. Materials and Presets Part 1
26. Materials and Presets Part 2
27. Materials and Presets Part 3
29. Sketching And Marking
30. UVs To Patterns
33. Buttons Part 1
34. Buttons Part 2
35. Buttons Part 3
42. Dealing With Overlying Garments And Collisions
43. Taking Care of Garments With Steaming And Strengthening
44. Solidify And Morph Target
46. Modular Configurator Part 1
47. Modular Configurator Part 2
48. Modular Configurator Part 3
49. Animation Mode
50. Sculpting Mode
51. UV Editor
52. Import, Export, GoZ
53. Custom View
Images used in the tutorial.
Marvelous Designer scene created for the tutorial.
I've come to realize that some people prefer to follow the steps in the videos using the same as asset. I apologize for not being respectful of this. I've uploaded the master MD file that I used throughout the tutorial.
20| Release v.1.1 | Standard Use License | 10 months ago
This is not a basic tutorial or for beginners. He does not walk through the basic steps from zero. What I appreciate most about this is that they are the tips and tricks of an extremely experienced person. Most of what he shows I already knew; but most importantly, there were some hidden gems that I did not know about, that I had struggled with for a long time, and probably would never have found without his tutorials. Those few things alone made it worth the price for me. This video is the distillation of hundreds of hours of experience with MD.
00| Release v.1.1 | Standard Use License | about 1 year ago
It is clear that the teacher have a great understanding of marvelous designer, but I would not recommend this course for someone who already know Marvelous and who just want to become better at it. But if you never use the program before it may be what you need.
62| Release v.1.1 | Standard Use License | over 1 year ago
It`s not really a tutorial, more of an in-depth guide to the tools and features. Even-thou the creator did put a lot of effort into making it, one can learn just as much by reading the owner's manual. There's not enough value here for 50 quid!