Stylized Character Modeling for Animation is all about character design and application in production modeling for the animation pipeline.
This self-paced course has been a long time in the making. This course is what I wish I could have had access to when I was first learning.
This course includes separate modules for organized learning.
Here’s what you can expect to see:
- Character design lectures - where I discuss character design appeal and how it applies to our projects
- Picking and assessing your concept
- The sculpting process using Spotlight and PureRef for reference
- Retopology with special considerations for animation
- Creating pearl chains using MASH in Maya
- UVs and UDIMs layout
- Exporting basic maps from ZBrush for texturing
- Preparing the model for 3D Print
If you follow the videos and assignments, you should finish with a better understanding of what makes a character more appealing and be able to apply it better into your work. While I feel the course is pretty stellar, it is no substitute for your hard work to apply what you learned.
I would LOVE to see what you create through the course. Please feel free to tag me on social media @SMAARTIST so I can see your hard work! If you feel so inclined, there is also a dedicated section on my Discord server where you can post WIP progress images and get feedback from others who are in the course.