Senior Character Technical Artist
Treyarch is looking for a Senior Character Technical Artist to help rig, skin, and implement our characters, creatures, weapons, and vehicles for our current and future projects. Our focus will be to create stunning, realistic and memorable characters and props that work seamlessly in fast action-60 frames per second game play and non-pre-rendered, real time cinematics - pushing the boundaries of game play, art, storytelling, and technology. Our perfect candidate will demonstrate a balance of understanding great art execution and great technical execution. This candidate also needs to be a great team player – never putting oneself over the project needs, and the team.
What you'll be doing:
- Rigging, skinning, and asset setup ranging from Characters, Creatures, and complex Weapons and Vehicles, for our current and future projects.
- Collaborate closely with modelers, animators, FX, and engineering - ensuring content meets the technical needs for rigging, skinning, and implementation for the game.
- Managing and maintaining asset integration, files, pipelines and processes.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot assets, look for bugs, and additional polish opportunities to ensure high quality.
- Understand the role that bones play in the game, and which ones are used for gameplay and which are for animation; ensuring assets are rigged with these in mind.
- Contribute toward the development of deformation and motion systems, including dynamic secondary movement systems.
- Contribute toward new techniques and process efficiency improvements for general character content development.
- Create and write tools and scripts to help users create content more efficiently, within one platform or across multiple platforms.
- Use your wealth of experience as a creative artist and technical precision skills and balance both. Never sacrificing one for the other.
Skills & Requirements
The skills and experience you will need and bring:
- At least 5 years working in production for games development, or 3 shipped titles, or both.
- Ability to assess content scope and ensure successful delivery of content on tight deadlines.
- Expert knowledge and production experience using Maya.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of facial and figure anatomy, as well as hard surface mechanical shapes.
- Strong communication, presentation, and follow-up skills.
- Outstanding problem solving skills regarding creative, technical, and production issues, while keeping a professional, calm, and composed demeanor.
- Knowledge of Python (Maya commands and API), using these to develop tools and scripts to improve efficiencies.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Experience working in various game engines and run time packages.
Bonus items that will be even more helpful:
- Ability to fix or modify modeling issues, including LOD’s and UV’s.
- Working knowledge of Motion Builder.
- C++ experience.
- Experience using Qt, PySide, and/or PyQt.
How to Apply
Please apply here: http://m.rfer.us/ACVTan40d
Candidates will need to submit any combination of the following:
- Demo Reel with Reel Breakdown
About the Company
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.