As a member of the technical and VFX art teams, your job will involve creating all kinds of special effects, striving to achieve the highest possible quality of art within our games. You will work closely with the teams during game development and contribute to the company’s R&D. At same time, you will work in synchronicity with the art leads to ensure all special effects in each project are top-notch and spectacular.
In addition, you job will consist of:
- Working in collaboration with other members of the VFX Department and Technical art, managing both artistic and technical production for the VFX.
- Following and reinforcing the VFX pipeline with your inputs in order to enable the team to work seamlessly across different projects.
- Evaluating and updating the tasks road map regarding priorities and deliverables, ensuring a smooth workflow, anticipating bottlenecks and finding solutions within projects.
- Collaborating with artists, designers and other team members from several projects in all aspects of VFX , aligning the process with everyone involved.
- Researching and suggesting technical improvements and effects optimization.
- Using shaders and scripts matching the needs of the required assets.
- Maintaining the project’s consistency of style by working hand in hand with the lead artist and the art director.
Skills & Requirements
- High proficiency in real-time special effects creation inside Unity (using shuriken or any equivalent tools).
- Proven experience in the game development industry as a VFX artist in a senior position.
- In-depth knowledge of 3D modeling and 2D illustration software (3DS Max, Maya and Photoshop or similar).
- Experience working with mobile environments and optimization processes.
- Creativity and passion about games.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- English proficiency.
- Knowledge in rendered particles (e.g., FumeFX or Realflow).
- Shader creation, by code or software assisted (Amplify, Shader Graph, Shader Lab…)
- After Effects, Houdini or Spine 2D knowledge will be valued.
- C# scripting know-how.
- GLSL, CG or HLSL knowledge.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To apply for this position, click here.
About the Company
Socialpoint is a world-renowned game developer and publisher, specialising in mobile gaming. Our egg hatched in 2008, and ever since we’ve been connecting the world through awesome gameplay.
We know that key to our success are the brilliant minds and the talent of our team players. Our international team is formed by awesome people who are passionate about social games, creativity and pushing the bar.
We offer a fun, lively and dynamic workplace, headquartered in beautiful Barcelona, where creativity, agility and innovation are encouraged, prized and rewarded. Working with us will see you develop your skills, play drive your career and delight 2 millions daily active users around the world!
Since 2017, Social Point has been a fully owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.