Senior Vehicle Artist - Forza Team
Playground Games are looking to recruit a highly talented and experienced Senior Vehicle Artist to join our Forza Horizon team who has a genuine passion for all aspects of 3D vehicle creation for games, and who’s able to demonstrate superior creative, visual and technical ability.
You’ll be involved in the creation of licenced and unlicensed vehicles, as such we will require a highly skilled and motivated professional with a strong eye for detail and quality. The successful candidate should also have an excellent knowledge of cutting edge art techniques and the games development process.
A key part of your role will be ensuring that art assets are delivered both on time and to quality, by assisting the team in maintaining our high standards both internally and externally via outsource. You’ll have a strong portfolio of 3D vehicle work and a passion for automotive design. Ideally, you’ll also have proven experience of working on AAA high-profile console titles.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong 2D/ 3D vehicle design skills (non-licensed vehicles especially).
- Exceptional 3DS Max vehicle modelling skills (high and low poly).
- A solid comprehension of mesh topologies and optimisation techniques for games.
- Excellent 2D texturing skills using Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong PBR (physically based rendering) texturing skills using Substance Painter.
- Outsourcing experience and asset review knowledge essential.
- A highly critical and methodical approach to work and quality.
- Strong organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick to learn and comprehend custom in-house tools or technical processes.
- Rendering knowledge (ideally using V-Ray)
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is an Xbox Game Studio and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.