Associate Character Artist
Associate Character Artist (Temporary Full Time)
Artworks is a highly-engaged content creation team within EA Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high-end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. We have art departments based in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Working with our game team partners we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences, and industry-leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and take chances and we seek pioneers to cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination. We look for the best in everyone.
What the Artworks Character Artist will do:
The character artist is a critical role in top-tier video game creation. In the context of our games, they are responsible for creating the cast of characters that populate the game universe.
Our character artists are dynamic and efficient modelers with exceptional sculpting and texturing skills – able to create best-in-class content with an imagination that is constantly in motion. We create amazing character models based on scan data or photo references.
Skills & Requirements
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, and a great team player attitude.
- Someone who understands the distinctive visual style and is mindful and passionate to push it to the next level.
- Experience in modeling and texturing objects using Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop is required.
- Experience in working both with high and low-resolution resolution textures and low-polygon game meshes.
- Experience in creating and populating hair cards.
- Knowledge of Physically-Based Rendering texture and material workflows.
- Knowledge of sculpting human anatomy, shape, light and form.
- Understanding of modeling game topology with rigging and animation in mind.
- Able to follow direction, learn the process and apply it, grow and learn from mistakes.
- An exceptional eye for detail.
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling.
- A solid understanding of color, shades and detail in creating painted texture maps.
Someone who is willing to expand on their skill set into other areas of 3D.
We also value:
- 3D Character work experience in film or games. Experience in commercial game engines such as Unreal or Unity is a plus.
- Skills in more than one discipline such as illustration, animation, VFX, rigging or technical art.
- Experience with stylized character work.
- Experience using cloth simulation.
- Experience with Substance Painter or Substance Designer.
- Love and passion for video games.
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
How to Apply
What's in it for you?
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class content, so we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
About the Company
THE BEST GAMES. THE BEST TALENT.
Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas. It’s an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while thriving on our world-class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.