Technical Artist - UK
Foundry 42 Ltd has an opening for a Technical Artist. We are looking for a talented, ambitious person who can meet the requirements below:
Technical Artists are responsible for the correct implementation of art content. They should be able to solve any technological issues related to art production. In close co-operation with the Art Production and R&D Groups they should work on improving the existing pipelines and developing new tools for the Art Production Groups.
Skills & Requirements
- Working with the Art Groups and Programmers to effectively produce technically correct art content
- Checking assets in terms of the technical setup for their usage in CryEngine
- Creating/improving different scriRpts/pipelines for art asset production
- Full support for the Perforce Branch
- Troubleshooting asset-related technical issues (3D Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Writing technical documentation
- Making recommendations on how to improve both product quality and group productivity
- Providing guidance and assistance to the Art Groups where required
- Coordinating with the other Studios within CIG to achieve project objectives
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya and Photoshop
- Experience in creating art assets for PC games using 3Ds Max/CryEngine/Maya
- Proficiency in Max Script/MEL
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the game development industry
- Self-driven, responsible and detail-oriented person
- Passion for computer games
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Strong passion for making the 'Best Damn Space Sim Ever'
- Team player
- International travel may be required as part of the role
How to Apply
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.