Integration Artist (Contract) - VALORANT
As an Integration Artist at Riot, you will support the art and outsource team in the production pipeline. This is both an artistic and technically oriented art position. Working as an Integration Artist requires a combination of art and design sensibilities, technical knowledge related to the game dev environment, and a high degree of communication and collaboration. As a member of the team, you will help your fellow team members to continue to meet and raise the quality bar at the studio.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As an Integration Artist on the VALORANT team, you will assist in the production of Premium Content for Riot’s brand new title. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you work with diverse teams to help build foundational ideas and concepts for VALORANT’s upcoming 3D content. You will work collaboratively with designers, writers, and producers to bring new worlds to life. You will also report to the Asset Art Lead.
- Ensure assets are properly imported to Unreal and working as expected
- Diagnose the integration issues and correct the integration mistakes made by external partners
- Create, collect, and maintain documentation to help artists and vendors better understand the art pipeline
- Work with the Art Outsource Supervisors in reviewing work from external partner
- Assist in making minor art adjustments based off of feedback from OS Supervisors or Art Leads
- Work with QA and Art Teams to understand any bugs related to content, and work with the team to fix them
- Work with the Store team to ensure all assets appear correctly in the client
- Collaborate with other artists in various sub-disciplines as needed
Skills & Requirements
- Experience working with Maya and Substance Painter, and Unreal 4
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and directly contribute to all aspects of the art/creative process
- Experience working and collaborating with with developers in various disciplines
- Comfortable with handling large volume of assets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in one or more related disciplines - art, animation, technical art, visual effects
- Experiencing working on a AAA game title
- Experience working with external partners . Familiar with the basic outsource workflow.
- Experience with basic scripting languages such as Python, Mel, or Unreal Blueprints.
How to Apply
To submit your application, click here!
About the Company
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.
As League enters its second decade, we’re continuing to evolve the game while delivering new experiences to players with Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and multiple work-in-progress titles. We’re also expanding the world of Runeterra through multimedia projects across music, comic books, board games, and the upcoming animated series Arcane.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
For more info, check out www.riotgames.com.