Cloud Imperium Games are looking for skilled Concept Artists.
We are the ground-breaking development team behind the highly anticipated space-sim Star Citizen and the cinematic campaign Squadron 42. We continue to raise the Bar of visual quality and what is possible in a AAA standard title.
The ideal candidate would be proficient artist who can apply their skills to a variety of assets from intricate hard-surface props and weapons to organic soft furnishings, from the size of a pencil to that of a satellite relay. We will expect them to adapt and overcome artistic and technical challenges in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Create a diverse array of high-quality props and weapons with and without concept
- Work with other departments to produce assets with specific design and technical requirements
- Work within and define strict metrics and technical mark-up
- Continue to push the quality of artwork both visually and technically
- Proficient at hard-surface modelling – optimised for in-game use
- Experience creating materials with Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience with a game engine
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable game assets
- Technical mindedness and versatility
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Experience working on a AAA quality title
- 3Ds Max or Maya user
- Organic assets with zBrush and marvellous designer
- Experience with Lumberjack
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working remotely is an option
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAA experiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.