Technical Artist (All levels)
About the Team
The Art Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That's no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.
About the Role
Our Tech Art team creates solutions to make our game development process more efficient, bulletproof and scalable. Our aim is to transform great artists into great game developers with as little barriers possible as, empowering them to not only create amazing assets, but also test and integrate them into the game. That's the key to making high quality game experiences faster and more efficient.
Our team is looking for a highly motivated person who is passionate about games, animation and how to make artists' lives easier based around technical proficiency, problem solving approaches, a lot of curiosity and deep collaboration.
Skills & Requirements
Who you are:
- Organized: You are really organized, especially when it comes to game development. You meticulously define naming conventions and folder structures, so that everything goes as planned. You strive for the most efficient way of doing things.
- Documentation: You are not only good in structuring and organizing content, but also in documenting everything and making it very accessible for everyone. You are a great communicator of changes made, tools and processes.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge. You are good interacting with a wide range of people, from very distinct backgrounds and specialities.
- Pipeline: You are always on top of the latest tools and techniques to help shape our pipelines. You are always on the lookout for the best solutions for implementing assets into the engine or large systems to allow for scalability.
- Engine Expertise: You have experience working with Unity and or other game engines, knowing your way from the folder structures and how to organize them all the way to tools creation and efficient implementation and testing of assets.
What you'll do:
- Collaboration: You will be part of multiple teams, with distinct goals and parts to play in each of them. Inside the Tech Art team, you are helping the whole structure grow and find the best solutions out there to improve our pipeline. Inside the different game teams, you are a facilitator and an ambassador of Tech Art.
- Pipeline: You will help define and evangelize game development structures and processes for characters, environments, props and UI elements. You'll make all our processes accessible for both internal teams and external partners. You'll help create large systems in the engine to allow scalable and fast asset integration.
- Problem Solving: You will help define and be responsible for technical specification for all game assets, including debugging and performance analysis. You'll also give technical support to artists, solving a wide range of different problems and anticipating those that might occur in the future.
- Coding: You will be helping with coding and creating technical solutions/tools to make the artist's life easier. You will also collaborate with our engineering team on large scale and complex solutions.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
What you'll need:
- Experience working as a Tech Artist in games.
- Experience working with Unity engine.
- Experience with 3D software, and Maya specifically.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience working in mobile games.
- You know your way around another game engine such as Unreal.
Apply for this position clicking here.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Please note that an art test may be required during the evaluation process.
About the Company
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world's most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).