Tracer, Winston, Pharah, Hanzo… these are just a few of the memorable heroes that inhabit our world. Our talented artists put their heart and soul into bringing these visually beautiful characters to life, and their ranks are growing. We want to meet an UI Artist who is ready to step up and break new ground in the Overwatch universe.
Your work impacts the player experience like no other. From the intro screens and throughout the entire game, your work is in front of the player and critical to the play of the game. If you’re ready to add your passion to a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly immersive game experience, please read on.
We are looking for a well-rounded User Interface (UI) Artist focused on front-end implementation to help craft the UI of Overwatch. We will be asking you to work within and help push forward the vision for the Overwatch visual style (hierarchy of information, tone, iconography, and more). You will be working closely with our user experience (UX) designers, gameplay designers and art leads to help the team define look and feel of the UI, crafting solutions together, and iterating until we reach Blizzard-quality.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and UI developers with to ensure final product reflects design vision
- Design awesome game interfaces that complement and develop the Overwatch style
- Assist cross-functional teams to build logical, readable, and seamless UI solutions
- Develop art and layout concepts for UI using static and animated solutions
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in implementation of front-end graphics(e.g., XAML, HTML5)
- A real passion for game interfaces, art, graphic design and animation.
- Ideally 2-3 years’ UI art/design experience
- Ideally has expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash
- Able to communicate the UI/UX process effectively
- Understanding of Overwatch's distinct visual style and dedication to push it to the next level
- Have an understanding of the purpose of UI within a player’s gaming experience
- Experience in 3D applications
- Experience with visual effects
- Shipped at least one AAA game as a UI artist
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please visit our website here:
Submission / Portfolio Instructions:
- Cover letters are optional
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- An art test may be required based on portfolio evaluation
About the Company
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft® , StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes nineteen #1-selling games* and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.