Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
As Technical Animator at Socialpoint you will be responsible for designing, creating and maintaining the pipeline for our animation systems, riggings and workflows used by our animation team.
You will work closely with the Art directors, leads and developers on the project teams to propose, research and create the best animation solutions for the projects.
You will be a key member for the development teams as a referent on any technical animation subject.
- Design, create and maintain rigs and animation systems in conjunction with animators, technical artists, programmers and other team members.
- Provide technical support to the animation team.
- Assist in the integration and validation of animation assets into the game engine (Unity).
- Assist in the design of animation features with technical and gameplay constraints.
- Research and share knowledge of existing animation tools, pipelines and workflows within the video game industry.
- Mentor and support the animation team and help them acquire technical skills and video game animation principles.
Skills & Requirements
This is you:
- 5 years+ of experience in the games industry as a Technical Animator or in a similar artistic position.
- In depth knowledge of the rigging and skinning processes on the most common 3d packages (max, maya)
- Strong knowledge of animation logic like node graphs, animations trees, procedural animation and similar editor technologies within Unity or similar engines.
- Strong understanding of video games animation principles.
- Knowledge of real-time, techniques and methodologies used on video game art development.
- Creativity and passion for games.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- English proficiency.
What’s in it for you?
- To keep our employees safe, we are working remotely until further notice. This hasn’t stopped us from offering these great benefits!:
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance, just in case.
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
And when we return to the office later this year:
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus!
- We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day!
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- Drop by our hairdresser’s for a trim (and forget your wallet).
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
Do you want to level up? Press start
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To apply for this role, click here.
About the Company
Socialpoint is a world-renowned game developer and publisher, specialising in mobile gaming. Our egg hatched in 2008, and ever since we’ve been connecting the world through awesome gameplay.
We know that key to our success are the brilliant minds and the talent of our team players. Our international team is formed by awesome people who are passionate about social games, creativity and pushing the bar.
We offer a fun, lively and dynamic workplace, headquartered in beautiful Barcelona, where creativity, agility and innovation are encouraged, prized and rewarded. Working with us will see you develop your skills, play drive your career and delight 2 millions daily active users around the world!
Since 2017, Social Point has been a fully owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.