UI Artist - UK
Foundry 42 Ltd is looking for a talented UI Artist to work on our ground-breaking space-sim, Star Citizen.
At Cloud Imperium Games, we strive to explore and discover innovative ways to keep the player mentally engaged and immersed in our universe. Part of this includes our unique approach in how we project various user-interfaces, in that we display them directly within the game world, in high-fidelity, seamlessly intertwining with the narrative and fiction. If you’re the type to easily become excited by the idea of designing for futuristic in-world projected holographics, AR, spaceship engineering terminals, or heads-up displays, then this may very well be the perfect position for you!
The ideal candidate will demonstrate through their work, a keen eye towards functional user interfaces, with a clean and high-end modern visual aesthetic fitting for our grand sci-fi universe
Skills & Requirements
- Work within the UI team and assist in defining the look / feel of key user-interfaces and styles, engaging in all aspects of the design process.
- Construct menu systems, buttons, and other necessary UI assets as well as integrate those assets, iterating directly within the game engine to achieve desired results.
- Work with engineers and other team members in understanding functionality necessary for implementing various interface / interaction solutions.
- Present UI mock-ups and design solutions to the rest of the UI team.
- Proactively engage in the collaborative process and provide feedback and suggestions to fellow team members.
- At least three or more years of experience in designing user-interfaces for games and/or other related software mediums.
- Experience with software development processes, and working within production deadlines.
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional design skill and affinity toward clean and modern visual aesthetics.
- Moderate to high degree of experience in Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience working with version control software (Perforce, or similar).
- Ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind design decisions.
- Internally driven and proactive, harbouring a deep passion for establishing and maintaining great user experiences and stunning visual design.
- International travel may be required as part of the role.
- Experience in After Effects, 3D rendering software (e.g. 3DS Max, Cinema4D, etc.), Flash or other motion graphics software.
- Knowledge in ActionScript and / or similar scripting language.
- Experience developing for VR devices.
- Experience working within CryEngine.
Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.