Senior Technical Animator
Wolcen Studio is looking for a passionate Technical Animator specializing in Maya to help develop our actual title. The role will involve creating and supporting tools used on a daily basis by the animation team - ensuring animators can operate efficiently when creating and refining cutscenes/in-game animations.
Candidates will need to be able to work in a team. He will also be expected to provide input and direction for the future development of our animation workflows/tools to keep Wolcen at the cutting edge.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ games industry experience in a similar role and must have used Maya/Motionbuilder in that role – possessing a strong working knowledge of Python.
Skills & Requirements
- Interact closely with animators and other TA/TDs to maintain and improve our proprietary animation tools.
- Create and support tools that improve our animation creation/editing workflows.
- Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines, predominantly animation and animation code.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production - from content creation through to the game.
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of pc development.
- Assist character artists with skinning and rigging of characters, including setups for facial animation.
- 5+ years of applicable professional experience as a TA
- Games industry experience is preferred, having shipped title(s) on any of the major console platforms.
- Mel/Python programming is a prerequisite for the role.
- Experience using Maya and/or Motionbuilder as a TA.
- Knowledge of facial rigging is a definite plus.
- Designed and implemented efficient character/weapon/vehicle rigs.
- Character skinning and physics simulation setup.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (Maxscript, C# / C++, etc.) is a big plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Mentorship of animators to help improve their Maya/Motionbuilder skills.
- Experience using Cryengine or similar engine
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us :
- A demo reel link.
About the Company
Wolcen Studio is a video game development company located in Nice, France.
We released our first title in february 2020: "Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem"