Lead Concept Artist
We are looking for a passionate and talented concept artist to create concept work for a project set in a near-future dystopia. Realism is the name of the game, and drawing from a number of sources, the artist will develop and illustrate scenic pieces in a variety settings to bring this world and the characters who inhabit it to life.
Working closely with the project director, you will deliver:
- Organized mood boards of visual inspiration sources
- Sketches and exploratory concepts to establish mood and style
- Create inspirational artwork to define artistic vision of the project
Ideal candidate would have:
- Interest in dystopian aesthetics
- Passion for world-building
- Expertise in illustrating environmental pieces in different settings (a variety of urban scenes to biomes of various types)
- Strength in storytelling through imagery
This job will run on a negotiable, flexible timeline.
Skills & Requirements
- Solid drawing fundamental skills, and traditional painting techniques
- Ability to independently observe, research, analyze, and draw from a variety of subject matters (i.e., history, architecture, environments, costume)
- Eye for details and atmosphere
- Experience in maintaining visual coherency in concept work
- Willingness and eagerness to give and receive feedback
- Enthusiasm for collaboration on ideas and and vision development
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Please email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. This job will be closed when the position is filled.
About the Company
Our company works with writers in the creative development and vision of their projects.