Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally. We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a 3D Artist to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
Mediatonic is looking for a 3D Artist to join our console team. This role will primarily focus on building environments.
As 3D Artist your primary role is to produce the art assets that help the Art Leads, Creative Director and Studio Art Director realise their vision. You will ensure your pre-production drawings, block-outs/grey-boxing and in-game assets follow the art direction and are technically prepared for the transition into game. You are creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production and when moving between projects. You will be required to create, and quality assure that in-game assets adhere to technical briefs. You will track your time and report your progress/risks/ issues daily, or at the point of identification.
- Please note that character work on this project will be very limited, or possibly non-existent.
- In some cases, you will follow existing detailed concept art, in other cases you will create environments or props from scratch that match the general art direction.
- You will be required to create, and quality assure that in-game assets and environments adhere to technical briefs.
- You will cooperate with concept artists, texture artists, technical artists, VFX artists, animators, and game designers to ensure new content is produced in the most efficient way.
Skills & Requirements
- At least three years' games industry experience.
- Excellent 3D modelling and texturing skills, demonstrable in your portfolio.
- Experience with modelling and texturing 3D environments
- Experience with and appreciation for casual game aesthetic
- Advanced knowledge of Unity
- Excellent knowledge Photoshop and a 3D package, ideally Maya
- Experience with source control and issue tracking (Jira or equivalent)
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team and to communicate well
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality
- A passion for playing and making games!
- Working remotely is an option
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
How to apply & really impress us
As a people-first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
We receive heap loads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.
About the Company
Games that bring people together
Mediatonic Games is the creator of world blockbuster FallGuys: Ultimate Knockout!
Everyone deserves a game that feels like it was made for them. Mediatonic’s four studios create franchises with networking and social play at their core, on their constant quest to connect players in new ways.
Mediatonic games are inclusive and approachable with a reputation for the surprising, weird, and wonderful.
Mediatonic is one of the largest independent studios in the UK, with multiple locations in London, Leamington Spa, as well as Madrid. Whether making top-grossing mobile apps, barn-stormingly original multiplayer games, or deliciously crafted narrative adventures, every title we design shares our ambition to entertain millions of people around the world, in games that run for years.
Past and present titles include Amateur Surgeon, Heavenstrike Rivals, Foul Play, Fable Fortune, Hatoful Boyfriend, Murder by Numbers, Gears POP! and global phenomenon Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout!