Lead Technical Artist - Forza Team
Playground Games is seeking a Lead Technical Artist to join our world class team here in Leamington Spa. This is an opportunity to work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent.
As a Lead Technical Artist, you will be managing a team responsible for maintaining internal art processes and guiding pipeline implementation, in collaboration with the Tools and Rendering team. Wide industry knowledge of tools, art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation, coupled with experience working on published console titles is essential.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience managing or mentoring
- Great communication and time management
- Experience of working on published titles on consoles.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively.
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation
- Demonstrable ability with MAX or Maya scripting.
- Passion for driving visuals with experience creating Shaders in a PBR material workflow.
- Exposure to a range of techniques for specialising 3D packages, such as scripts, plug-ins and existing software.
- A passion for games and game visuals.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is currently looking for World-class talent to join a brand new open-World project, set within a genre entirely new to the studio. If you’re the kind of artist who relishes the notion of helping to define compelling universes rich in story and detail, then make sure to check out the available job postings below.
Established in 2010, Playground Games was formed by bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from the UK industry; all with the vision of developing genre-defining titles for a global audience. Since then, Playground has created three critically-acclaimed, award-winning hits in Forza Horizon, Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Horizon 3.