During this course I will show you, step by step, how to create a western environment from scratch.
From the creation of the vegetation with Speedtree 9.4 to the final composition on UE5.1 (5.2 when available). We will see the creation of textures with Quixel Mixer, terrain to dress the background of our scene with Gaea (optional) and we will create all the shaders needed to get the maximum quality. We will finish with the 4k renders with the Movie Render Queue. Bulldings and props come from Old West Learning project. More details below.
Using textures allowed in partnership with ScansLibrary.
What I will learn?
In Speedtree 9.4:
- Create serval Next-gen leaffy trees with hybrid logic (structure with Nanite and foliage with common LODs/Imposter)
- Create 3d branches to use as textures.
- Create an atlas to combine several parts in a single texture.
- Create ground foliage models optimized for realtime rendering.
- Complex shaders for trunk, foliage, terrain, Megascans assets and water.
- Advanced terrain shader with distance blend texture, Parallax Occlusion Mapping, RVT, automatic logic and spawn foliage with mask.
- Complete composition (Procedural Placement, lighting, vfx...)
- Create renders with the Movie Render Queue
In Quixel Mixer:
- Create multiple advanced textures with and without animated puddles in UE5
- Export with the correct packed textures
- Create some terrains used to dress the background of our scene
- Export masks to use them for texturing in UE5
- Replace colors of some textures
- Enhance the quality
- Combine masks
What I will get? (updated weekly)
- ~49 hours of step-by-step video tutorial
- Separate downloadable chapters (.zip)
- 1080/30fps resolution
- Speedtree 9.3 and 9.4 after the chapter 4
- Unreal Engine 5.1 (5.2 switch in chapter 5.5)
- Photo/Image Editing Software (Photoshop, Gimp...)
- Quixel Mixer 2022
- Anyone who wants to learn, improve or fix their skills in environment creation.
- Owning a computer with Windows 10 (64Bits) / Not tested on Windows 11
- Winrar or 7zip to decompress files
- The basics on Unreal Engine
- Even if it is not required, it is preferable to have followed the Ultimate Forest Environment Course
Join the server:
Important note :
This course was created in version 5.1 and it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to use THE SAME version! If you choose to use another version, be aware that you may encounter possible errors not covered in this course.
Purchase by mistake - Refund requests must be made within 10 minutes after purchase. After this time, the refund will not be possible.
The course goes on sale after my purchase - This is not a valid reason for a refund.
All you can find in this course are for personal usage only. You cannot share it, sell it or make it available for free on any platform.
The 1.0.0 is now available! The course leaves the early access!
- 10.Wind,Train,VFX & Final Renderings - (4h40)
- Setup Foliage Wind
- Train Animation:
- Move Forward
- Brake with camera shake
- Progressive stop
- Brake & Brust Sparks
- Train Smoke
- Falling Leaves
- Final Rendering
- Set Several Camera Shots and Camera Shakes
- Custom Preset for the Movie Render Queue
- Shot video in 4k
This is the final chapter so no roadmap anymore. You still can join the Discord server to get info on the next content, participate in EnviroChallenge (enviro jam), ask for help if needed or just to become part of the community!
Thank you very much for you support and see you in the next one!