"Only the wealthiest of the elves in the west could afford to send their children to train under Thor'Sildeon. Her veiled archers are an elite branch of elven artillery. With their powerful bows grown from their own enchanted groves, only a small number are needed to form an impressive backbone of any military force."
Been super busy lately, but this weekend I wanted to revisit an old design I made a few years back. This Elven archer took just over 7 hours from blank canvas to finished concept and model. Instead of a timelapse, I wanted to record this one and publish it unedited in real-time alongside the concept model I created. It's unnarrated but I hope it's enough for you guys to pick up a few things!
The package includes:
- 4 parts of 7.5 hours of the unnarrated and unedited process.
- Posable concept model in .blend .fbx and .obj formats
I have quite a few programs and plugins that I use daily. Here is the list used in this tutorial:
- E-cycles (For streamlined cycles rendering and options)
- Hard-Ops (For quick boolean tools and other modelling techniques)
- Speedflow (Quickly accessing modifiers)
- QuickShape (Able to create custom shapes and booleans easier)
- QuickCurve (Enables me to create curves with more control)
- Physical Atmosphere (For quick lighting and environments)
Quixel Materials (And bridge plugin for blender)
Topaz Studio 2 (For post-render filters)
AKVis Oilpaint (For post-render filters)
Hope it helps even the slightest bit into my process of utilizing 2D and 3D in conjunction for character design. You may use this model in your own paintings - just give me a credit and a tag so I can see the great stuff you come up with!