What is Backup Object:
Backup Object is a workflow addon for easily creating backups of object(s) with a click of a button. No need to worry about messing up the mesh or object settings of your object when you can go back to your previous backups.
What it does:
Object backups are neatly organized into their own separate collections to easily reference. Automatically hidden from the viewport and rendering to not clutter the viewport.
How to use it:
Select 1 or more Objects, and click the "Backup Object" button.
Use Cases Examples:
- Wanting a quick backup of a specific or many objects when working on a project.
- When Retopologizing an object and a point comes where a drastic topology change is needed.
- When Sculpting an object and wanting to explore different versions.
- Destructive Modeling.
- Backup any object type: Meshes, Cameras, Grease Pencil, Image Empties .etc
- Duplicates objects completely (including mesh data) and sends them to their own collection.
- Collections are automatically created into a Parent Collection for organization
- Works in any Object Mode, no need to switch out and back to a certain mode so you can keep on working.
- Addon is non-intrusive to the UI, all contained in one panel.
- UI is designed for users in mind.
- Options to toggle display of Icons and collections.
- Useful subpanels for Display of UI list, Cleaning Backup Collections, and Debugging for developers.
- Small UI Update
- Added operator to "Backup All Backups". It backs up all of the objects that have been Backedup so you won't need to manually select them all to back them up.
- Added Selection operators to select the Collection or Object of a Backup selected in the UI List