This is a high-quality reindeer model with multiple 4K maps, rigging, animation, fur, and sculpting in part. All made with Blender and Cycles renderer in the real-world scale. The body maps and fur maps are made separately, which can make the characters more realistic. And the body maps use UDIM UV.
The male reindeer contain 9 objects—body, antlers, pupils, tears, scleras, lacrimal gland, tongue upper jaw, lower jaw.
The number of the polygons of ReinDeer_Male
- Body: vertices 23,107; polygons 23,054
- Antlers: vertices 4,966; polygons 4,944
- Pupils: vertices 1,410; polygons 1,438
- Scleras: 1,092; polygons 1,152
- Tears: vertices 540，polygons 520
- Lacrimal glands: vertices 324; polygons 320
- Tongue: vertices 298 polygons 296
- Upper jaw: vertices 2,494 polygons 2,336
- Lower jaw: vertices 4,654 polygons 4,440
- Vertices: 38,885
- Polygons: 38,500
Four Blender projects; OBJ files that are void of rigging and animation.
The size of maps:
- With full controllers, postures and animations are easier to create.
- There is facial rigging without the UI control panel.
- The head is limited to follow the neck to rotate, the neck and tail are limited to follow the body to rotate. The limit can be switched by the custom attributes of CTR_SpineRoot controller.
- Leg IK/FK can be switched by custom attributes.
- There are no custom attributes to switch the stretch control over the legs.
- There are three cycle animations, running, trotting, and walking, at 30 FPS.
- The number of frames of each animation:
- The hair dynamics is baked from beginning to 40th frame and the render range of display video is 24-48.
- The hair dynamics is baked from beginning to 131th frame and the render range of display video is 21-131.
- The hair dynamics is baked from beginning to 126th frame and the render range of display video is 30-126.
- The model is made in real-world scale. Its scale is 1 and the unit is 1 meter.
- To run quickly, the fur is toggled to Render, but not Display. You can hit the Display if needed.
- Just put the model in the scene to render without cleaning.
- The hair dynamics has been baked. If models need to be moved, please toggle off Hair Dynamics, or else some errors of hair style will appear.
- No lights and cameras.
- To make the effect more realistic, the rendering time is pretty long because of the large number of hair. If you want to make the close-up effect more real and beautiful, it’s necessary to pay the price. If it is used in a distant view, the fur can be optimized. Optimization methods:
- Decreasing the number of hair children and increasing the thickness of hair.
- Decreasing the steps of interpolated spine.