The model comes in 3 versions :
- One FBX with skeleton+skin+one anim sample
- One FBX without skeleton (so you can import it in maya/3dsmax/blender...etc and rig/skin it yourself)
- One AKT file containing the skinned and rigged FBX, with an animation sample so you can have a first idea on how to animate this character (feel free to erase/rework them and/or add new ones ;)).
This file works with Akeytsu 2020-1-3 and above
The FBX is made to be used in realtime game engines and uses custom vertices normals (supported on most 3D softwares)
This character is made to work best with Akeytsu, and to serve as a heavy learning support for animators ;)
Textures consists in 1 4K UVset (character) and additionnal UVSets for each weapon (so you can decide if you call them in memory or not, depending on your own needs =)), all maps uses combined map channels to reduce drawcalls (better performances).
C1 maps combines : Red=Metalness ; Green=Roughness ; Blue=AO.
C3 maps combines : Red=Cavity ; Green=Nothing ; Blue=Specular Intensity
For the global Emissive use the "E" map. Depending on the variant needs per skin I've used a colored emissive on the character while keeping it Black & White on weapons
The Alpha channel of each "BaseColor" maps of the character stores little alpha masks for the tip of the hairstrands, in Marmoset you can use the "Dither opacity method" which gives nice results once rendered =))
Important note about how to setup "sRGB" tick on each texture :
- Textures with these namings SHOULD NOT be in sRGB (unticked) : _N ; _C1 ; _C3
- Textures with these namings SHOULD be in sRGB (ticked) : _Base ; _E, (and VFX gradients of course)
You can have an overview of the rig functionalities here : https://youtu.be/-zVWXraqEkc
Since the rig logic has been carefully established, I encourage you to study it as much as you can in order to make the most benefit of it, once you get it, almost all manipulations gets super simple and quite logic to use, but do not hesitate to reach me out if you're unsure of what to do to achieve a specific pose (reasonably of course ;))
You can also see/learn more about this character here : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YawoGK
Textures were made on 3D-Coat using this pack : https://www.artstation.com/vexod14/store/Wmw1/3d-coat-38-stylized-pbr-smartmaterials
Have fun on Akeytsu !