In this tutorial I will cover how I recreated the iconic AKIRA blast in a traditional inked style within Substance Designer, rendered within Marmoset Toolbag.
We go through the process together of creating this advanced stylised material.
- Full workflow from heightmap, to base colour, to lighting and rendering
- Showing my mistakes and pitfalls
- Thought processes along the way
- Tips and Tricks
- Covering a wide range of nodes and techniques
- Radial shadows
- Learn to emulate a traditional, inked style with 3 variations
- 14+ hours of commentated video with video descriptions
- A lovable host
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Video files
- All SBS and SBSAR files used, with dependencies
- My personal Marmoset presentation scene template
- Reference sheet
- A warm, fuzzy feeling deep down inside
Link to AKIRA project: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mqbm6e
*At least a beginner level of understanding of Substance Designer is required, I've done my best effort to explain everything I do when working, however, an intermediate level will help you follow along much easier.
*All characters / story / artwork from AKIRA were produced by Katsuhiro Otomo and the related production house. I do not own any rights to the franchise or setting, this is merely an homage