Three-Toed Sloth (Model, Texturing, Fur, Rigging, Animation)
This is a high-quality three-toed sloth model, including multiple 4K maps, rigging, animation, and fur. The body maps, which are in the UDIM format, and fur maps are made separately to get a more realistic effect. This model is made with Blender in the real-world scale and rendered by Cycles renderer.
There are 7 objects— body, 2 eyes, 4 paws (2 objects), upper teeth, lower teeth, and a branch in the project.
Three-Toed Sloth Meshes
- Body: vertices 28,774; polygons 28,720
- Eyes: vertices 3,049; polygons 2,976
- Paws: vertices 1,812; polygons 1,728
- Upper teeth: vertices 4,786; polygons 4,608
- Lower teeth: vertices 4,680; polygons 4,528
- Vertices: 43,101
- Polygons: 42,560
There is a Blender project and an obj file without rigging and animation.
The size of maps:
- With full controllers, postures and animations are easier to create. Features are as follows:
- ROOT_ThreeToedSloth controls the whole character.
- ROOT_gravity controls the center of gravity of the body.
- ROOT_eye controls the rotation of the eyes.
- CTR_eyelid.L/CTR_eyelid.R controls blinking eyes.
- CTR_tongue_a~CTR_tongue_g controls the rotation of the tongue.
- CTR_chin_a controls the rotation of the jaw.
- ROOT_leg_F.L controls the location of the left forelimb and the rotation of the left front paw.
- ROOT_leg_B.L controls the location of the left hindlimb and the rotation of the left back paw.
- ROOT_spine_B controls the location and rotation of the hip.
- ROLL_tail_a~ROLL_tail_c controls the rotation of the tail.
- ROLL_spine_a~ROLL_spine_f controls the rotation of the waist.
- ROLL_neck_a~ROLL_neck_f controls the rotation of the neck.
- Facial rigging
- Controllers for each toe
- Leg IK/FK can be switched by the custom attributes of the foot controllers, which is non-seamless.
- Limited stretch control of legs can be switched by the custom attributes of the foot controllers.
- Walking at 30 fps (1-131 frames - loopable)
- Watching at 30 fps (1-181 frames - not loopable)
- Eating at 30 fps (1-171 frames - not loopable)
The model is made in real-world scale. Its scale is 1 and the unit is 1 meter.
To run quickly, the fur is toggled to Render, but not Display. You can hit the Display if needed.
Hair_ShapeKey_v5.0, which is a paid hair add-on produced by VFX Grace priced at 35$, is used to fix the hair intersection while the character is walking. The intersection is fixed, so users can apply the loopable animation directly. If you want this add-on, please send the screenshot of the project to firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive your email, we will offer you the add-on for free. More information about this add-on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt3kxW4Pw7w
To make the effect more realistic, the rendering time is pretty long because of the large number of hair. If you want to make the close-up effect more real and beautiful, it’s necessary to pay the price. If it is used in a distant view, the fur can be optimized. Optimization methods:
Decreasing the number of hair children and increasing the thickness of hair.