Water material to be used with plane (included with the project). Has a lot of flexibility due to most of the parameters being exposed, but requires the user to have some experience with materials in Unreal Engine. The screenshots are directly from the project, so you can be certain that you receive precisely what's shown there. They are not meant to be pretty but to show the product in a "raw" state :)
The price of the product will increase with time and with the amount of functions and improvements that i will make. Since it's something that i'm using very often you can be assured that i will put more work on it in the future.
- Improved foam generation on waves
- added presets for lakes, calm ocean, and standard ocean (Rivers - WIP)
- added new foam and normal textures - now its using examples from my texture packs available on artstation store
- fixed some bugs
- now waves appear closer to the shore, while "open" ocean is calmer - to match real life.
- Foam generation near shores and on waves using 2 foam masks to break the tiling. Foam follow the flow of water if gerstner waves are used.
- Gerstner Waves (stronger near shore)
- Water surface masks for extra variation
- Caustics generation below the water surface, with additional displacement to break them a little. Caustics are not static and follow the flow of water.
- Distance blend to the shore
- Subsurface water color scattering
- Water ripples normal map
HOW TO USE:
open the .uproject file and migrate all the files from it to your own project.
IMPORTANT - requires mesh distance fields enabled in your project settings! It also requires at least 1 other static mesh as a point of reference on the map for the material to work.