This lesson contains 3 videos on the planes and rhythms with actionable practice templates. See free video offer below.
In the first lesson you will discover:
• a brief history of the the planes and rhythms of the head
• the power the planes and rhythms and how leveraging them helps you simplify the complexity of the human face
• how it helped me more quickly create hundreds of character designs for the Godfather game and many other game related projects
In the second video:
• I do a quick recap on value along with the concept of squinting and comparing to simplify what you see in front of you
• then we get our hands dirty as I show you how to practice the planes and rhythms as I talk you through the whole process from start to finish
• Finally, I analyze some Andrew Loomis head drawings and uncover how he uses the planes and rhythms to make his drawings look solid and believable
In the third video:
• I show you how to easily use these 2 ideas to come up with believable lighting on the fly increasing your creative potential
***Actionable practice templates are included with exercises design to help you make measurable progress
GO here to watch a FREE video tutorial on blocking in the rhythms in front, side and 3/4 views: https://youtu.be/bGjZlc-RMXs Please like and subscribe to support me :)
Length: approximately 30 minutes
For mentorships and my online portrait course visit www.drawjuice.com
If you have questions or like more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support,
Just added new resources!
• two files to help you practice the planes from front and side view in just a few steps. This really helps my students master this.
• handy planes and rhythms chart from Fred Fixler showing multiple views that you can refer to in your studies
• on my Youtube channel watch me demo the Reilly Rhythms in font, side and 3/4 views here: https://youtu.be/bGjZlc-RMXs
Thanks for your support!
For personal use and one commercial project (up to 2,000 sales or 20,000 views).Tutorials
One copy to be used by a single user.Installable Tools
One installation by a single user.Learn More