Video preview Part 1
Video preview Part 2
A comprehensive look at the design of a spaceship. In the first part we'll be covering reference, 2D sketching and the 3D modeling process in Photoshop and Modo (you can easily follow with the 3D package of your choice).
In the second part we are looking at the material layout of our spaceship, bringing it into Octane Standalone and creating materials.
In addition we will work with the planetary environment note and play with VDB fog volumes to create ourselves some nice nebulas.
Finally we bring the renders into Photoshop for final touchup.
What topics are covered?
- 2D Sketching in Photoshop
- Introduction to working with Modo
- 3D Modeling in Modo
- Material layout in our 3D package
- basic Intro to Octane
- Material creation in Octane
- Environment settings and VDB volumes in Octane
- Final presentation in Photoshop
Who is it for?
Concept designers and other creatives who want to learn about vehicle design and rendering with 3D and 2D tools.
What will I get?
- 4.5+ hour video tutorial with narration
- Project files
- Reference images and textures
- VDB volumes (including one sponsored by Mitch Myers!)
What do I need to have before I start:
- 3D application (e.g. Modo, Blender, C4D etc)
- 2D Sketching application (e.g. Photoshop, Procreate etc)
- Basic knowledge in a 3D application
Who made this?
My name is Jan Urschel and I'm a professional concept designer and creative director working in the film and video game industry working on projects such as Captain Marvel, Ghost in the Shell, Rogue One and many more.