Since a few months Megascans has become free for Unreal Engine 4 users, for this occasion and with this course learn how to create a step-by-step standard shader for Quixel Megascans library.
You will be able to apply this material to any rocks, branches, trunks, stumps, debris, mushrooms, assemblages but also any other 3d models available in the library (except "Plants" type models).
What I will learn?
- Understanding the logic between Master Materials and Instances
- Create material functions
- Optimize your materials
- Create combined textures (CRSAO)
- Import and setup LODs (Level of Details)
What I will get?
- +1h30 of step-by-step video tutorial
- 1 downloadable .zip (Google Drive)
- 1080/30fps resolution
- One startup Unreal project (.uproject)
- Unreal Engine 4
- Quixel Megascans and Bridge (2019)
- Knowing the basics of Unreal Engine 4 (camera movement, moving in the world...) and material nodes (multiply, scalar parameters, static switch parameters...)
Important note :
Content already created available in this course cannot be used in commercial projects. You are free to do what you want with your own creations.