FREE python tool that I created to aid you in the look development process with Autodesk Maya and Arnold renderer.
There are multiple HDRs to choose from and tool allows users to switch them on the fly. Tool also enables users to create quick turntables to present their assets in a nice way with Macbeth charts, chrome and gray spheres. Also, there are Depth of field and focusing controls. You can also use your own favourite HDR images (.hdr and .exr format), and work with them in your lookdev process.
Microsoft Windows, Autodesk Maya 2018+ and Arnold renderer
More info in the TOOL DOCUMENTATION
All this is created in my free time, so I'm giving it for free. If you find this tool useful you can add a small tip before downloading it.
02. September 2020 - Lookdev kit 2.3
- SHADER GENERATOR (SHD GEN) - Added new feature called Shader Generator - You just have to type in shader name, choose texture/shader channels that you want to use and click create. It will generate a shader with added aiColorCorrect, aiRange, aiClamp and aiColorToFloat nodes. You just have to connect your textures and start your lookdev process.
- Checker texture scale set to 3 so that checker tiles are a bit smaller in the viewport.
- Color Management (CM) and OCIO - LDV kit now supports use of ACES config in the CM preferences. If you use ACES config it will automatically detect it and switch IDT on skydome to the proper color space. It expects linear images because most of the HDRs from internet are linear.
- fixed Refresh HDRs command - there was a bug on recent Maya/Arnold versions that made .tx creation to crash. It is fixed now.