My personal master material for trees. Works perfectly for hero assets, or in lower density forests. Functions like growth will probably not work with every tree ever, but so far i haven't found a tree that it didn't work with, and i've tried all the popular trees packs on the market. Could have problems with low poly trees that dont have separate opacity for leaves only (eg. trees that use leaves together with branches), but majority of the functions will still be operational.
Requires textures with normal maps to work correctly.
Does not include any trees or tree textures(other than moss & snow). Its just the material, textures for snow and moss, masks, and instances.
- 2 separate materials for trunk/branches and foliage;
- Snow and wetness system (with textures);
- leaves coverage based on absolute world position and noise;
- leaves growth;
- generated ambient occlusion;
- generated tint masks based on normal maps, AO, and distance;
- wind for leaves;
- global color variation between trees;
- Moss layer(with textures);
- texture variation for trunk/branches;
- all the other basic stuff like translucency and optional emissive.