For this rock pack I tried to cover a lot of the rock shapes that I find useful when bashing rock outcrops together. I made a couple of variations for each of those. So when you find a rock that works well, there will be more variations of that shape to use, reducing repetition. Since different environment layouts have different needs for the shape of rocks that work best in them, I aimed to anticipate some of those needs so it can be useful in many different layout scenarios.
For a closer look, and videos clearly show all rocks from all angles in 4K Unity renders, look for this rock pack in my Artstation Portfolio.
Other goals were:
- The Rock shapes should be somewhat generic to be useful in more environments.
- The rock texture is not overly distinct with environment specific details like dirt or moss, so that it can serve as a base or starting point for more custom textures modifications to fit your world.
- Hand picked UV seams to to be hidden inside concave rock seams. So that overlay textures and detail textures never have visible seams.
- Supply all files needed so that you can make your own changes.
- Optimal Game engine ready rocks with 5 LODs and ready for game engines.
- Consistent quality and methodology across all rocks.
- 84 High Detail rocks- 52 Unique unwrapped, 6 Atlases for 32 smaller rocks, 58 total
- 4K Maps: AO, Curve, Normal, WorldNormal
- Marmoset bake scenes
- Substance Painter scenes
- High poly meshes
- LOD0 - LOD4 for all rocks