NOTE: For Unreal users, there is a project file setup and ready to use (drag and drop). For Unity/Godot, you can download the textures.zip and get all of the raw texture files, which are the same but you'll have to import them into Unity/Godot yourself.
The Retro Texture Mega Pack currently includes 232 material instances (873 textures, 232 base colors for unity/godot) for extremely easy drag and drop texturing while you build levels for your retro game. These materials are all seamless materials that can be tiled infinitely and have a great amount of detail. They're all also 256x256 textures, making them quick to import and work with.
- Each material includes its respective Base Color, Normal, Height, Roughness, and Metallic maps. (Note: some materials don't include every map as some don't need them.) If you're making a game inspired by older games, you do not need to use these additional maps and they are turned OFF by default. Changing the master material will allow you to easily change this if you want them on.
- Vertex painting on the red channel is also set up and ready to use, with the flexibility to add more channels easily.
- These materials can be easily used for mobile projects.
- By default, each texture is filtered by Nearest and has NO mipmap generation. You can easily change this if you'd like by using the Bulk Editor inside of Unreal.
- World Aligned Texture UVs are ready to use.
The full list of materials included:
- 8 Bark Materials
- 17 Brick Materials
- 7 Carpet Materials
- 4 Cobblestone Materials
- 12 Concrete Materials
- 3 Crystal Materials
- 25 Ground Materials
- 2 Ice Materials
- 3 Lava Materials
- 18 Metal Materials
- 15 Rock Materials
- 15 Roof Materials
- 10 Siding Materials
- 7 Snow Materials
- 32 Wall Materials included Stone/Wallpaper/Wood etc.
- 14 Tile Materials (Bathroom Tiles, Floor Tiles, etc.)
- 29 Wood Materials
- A few others such as Sand, Straw, and Moss
If the support is there, I'd like to eventually add more into this asset including blood decals, door textures, window textures, and more.
- Number of Unique Materials and Material Instances: 1 Master Material, 232 Instances
- Number of Textures: 873
- Texture Resolutions: 256x256
- Supported Development Platforms: Windows, Mac
- Documentation: Soon
- Important/Additional Notes: Only 200MB in size total.