HairTG – Surface, Facial Hair Edition is a texture generator for Adobe Substance Painter that lets you apply procedural facial hair designs such as eyebrows, eyelashes, mustache, goatee, to your 3D models as parametric decals. It comes with various base design whose aspect can be modified procedurally with dozens of parameters.
If you wish to create you own base designs under Substance Designer and use them as part of the Facial Hair Edition tool, please check HairTG – Surface Extended.
The Demo variant is free (non-commercial projects) and lets you experiment with a single eyebrow/eyelashes/mustache design.
Join our Discord server for support, chat and share you work!
Substance Painter 2020.2.2 or compatible version.
- A collection of facial hair parametric decals including 10 eyebrow, 5 eyelashes, 8 mustache and 3 goatee designs which can be modified procedurally in various ways using dozens of parameters.
- Procedural modifications to base designs include: hair growth, global hair rotation, hair thickness, hair shape, hair spacing, hair opacity etc.
- Multiple coloring modes including per-hair coloring.
- Ability to add up to 3 configurable cuts to designs (to be used with eyebrows for example).
- Handling of linked two-component designs (mustache) where the second component may be synchronized with the first one. For example modify the left part of a mustache and the right ones gets modified too.
- Outputs the following PBR maps: Opacity, Depth (Height), Color (basecolor), Diffuse, Flow (Direction), Normal, Roughness, Ambient Occlusion up to 8K in resolution.
- HairTG - Surface, Facial Hair Edition SBSAR component for Substance Painter
- User and Reference manuals
- Reference image of the available base designs
- About 1h20 of tutorial videos (3 parts)
Meshes on demo screens/video are not included in the product.
Licenses are single seat only. You cannot resell or distribute the package or some of its content into a form that would expose it to reuse. In particular you cannot share Painter Smart Materials made using SBSARs from this package unless users have an appropriate license of this product.
Personal: the tool and generated textures may be used for non-commercial projects. This license does not apply to companies. Single seat license.
Commercial Indie: the tool and generated textures may be used for commercial projects, for individuals, schools or companies with revenue below USD $100K a year. Single seat license.
Commercial Studio: the tool and generated textures may be used for commercial projects, for individuals, schools or companies with revenue above USD $100K a year. Single seat license.
Updated pricing of the demo version to $2.
Note: the actual version of this release is 1.0.1, due to the Artstation versioning scheme it may appear as 1.0.5.