This tutorial will teach you my way for cheap & easy animation and cloth simulation. I'll show you how to import your own models to Mixamo, where you can rig & animate for free. From there, I'll explain how to set it up for cloth simulation, and finally export to Blender for rendering. All the programs in this tutorial are free, except for Marvelous Designer, which has a 30 day free trial, or $50 per month license. We'll cover a basic walk cycle, but the information can be extrapolated to any animation.
What you get:
- 30 minutes of narrated tutorial detailing my process covering Daz, Mixamo, Marvelous Designer, and Blender. The information provided should be accessible to newbies to these programs.
- my Blender & Marvelous Designer Project files
- basic info & summary text files
- life time supply of Q&A on these topics (please attempt to google any problems before reaching out :))
- This is my concept artist's approach to animation and cloth simulation, and rendering. We won't cover re-topology, UVs, or custom rigging. Mixamo provides a great library of free animations that we will use, along with their auto-rigging feature.
- This tutorial provides my Marvelous Designer project files, but won't teach you how to sew your own. There are many other great resources covering this topic that I won't attempt to recreate.
- This tutorial provides my Blender project files, but is not a Blender specific tutorial. I'll cover the basics, but there are many other great resources covering this topic that I won't attempt to recreate.