I wanted to see how many trees I can create from a single UV layout, and created this product containing 100 tree objects which are multiplied by over 20 leaf textures, creating over 2000 different tree designs. Those trees are semi-realistic, as some of the leaves I put on the trees are actually taken from smaller plants like shrubs. Also some combinations, like a palm tree object with maple leaves, will most probably not be encountered in our solar system(somebody checked inside Jupiter already?).
This product can get really handy for game and architectural design, also for 2D design it can be useful. Find more ideas under the following purpose section.
============= Purpose =============
The purposes of this Product are the following:
- Having a big library of various trees.
- Mass production with middle to good quality.
- Many tree objects that share the same leave textures, therefore flexibility regarding the leaves used on the trees.
- Providing different forms of trees (regular, hanging, hedge, palm like, willow like etc…)
- Being able to change all trees (or group of trees) in a scene to have a different type of leaf.
- Usage in 3D game designs, either just as plain tree objects, or as a customizable theme setup where the user can choose their preferred leaves/wood.
- Usage in architectural designs
- Rendering many trees with transparent background which can be used for:
- 2D designs, either gaming or any other area it might be useful
- Improving 3D rendering speed by replacing actual objects with image planes
It is not the purpose of this project:
- To provide PBR material setups for the leaf textures. The textures are based on real photos of leaves and the results look realistic to a certain degree.
- Botanic accuracy is also not a focus of this project. The leaves are from various plants and are put on any of the tree objects. Therefore, many trees are created that do not exist in reality but still often look quite real.
============= Product Specifications =============
In this product you will find a Blender File containing:
- 100 trees objects(having between 1000 to 50’000 faces, average around 30’000, rough edges can be smoothed with a subsurface modifier)
- 100 cameras, one for each tree
- Multi-View rendering setup to render a PNG image for every tree.
- Singles Leaf objects and branches.
- Separate PDF documentation giving a short intro about the blender file.
20 Leaf Textures 4K (2000 tree designs):
- Japanese Maple Light
- Japanese Maple Dark
- Maple Yellow Green
- Leaves Red Green
- Thuja Larger
- Ash Green
- Ash Red
- Ash Brown Green
- Ash Mixed
- Fir Larger
- Bay Leaf
- Virginia Creeper
- Virginia Creeper Single Leaf
- Bamboo Single Leaf
10 Experimental Leaf Textures 4K (additional 1000 designs):
- Beech Withered
- Flowers Willow Rose
- Flowers Bamboo
- Flowers Boxwood
- Flowers Virginia Creeper
- Fantasy Color Purple
- Fantasy Color Spooky
- Fantasy Color Confetti
============= Usage Examples =============
- Use as trees in 3D game designs
- Create a user customizable environment
- Use as decoration in architectural design
- Make PNGs that can be used in 2D design
- Use as potted plants and bonsais
- Replace 3D tree objects by image planes to improve a scenes render duration
- Make a Forest, a huge one!
- Use in animations where you transform an environment into a different design.
Tags: blender, tree, trees, plant, plants, shrub, shrubs, leaf, leaves, wood, bark, nature, forest, PNG, texture, textures, uv, branch, branches, fern, vines, palmately, game, design, object, environment, fantasy, abstract, realistic, landscape, flower, flowers, green, red, yellow, willow, beech, ash, holly, ivy, virginia creeper, bamboo, boxwood, bay leaf, fir, thuja, Japanese, maple