28 Realistic FUR Brushes for Procreate 5
(version 5 and above)
Realistic FUR is the realistic brush set for painting animals or furries, original characters with fur, and other painted wooly and fluffy creatures.
20 brushes remastered from the first 'FUR' brush sets + 8 new brushes. The brushes depicting fur from the side view (brushes # 2, 3, and 8) have two options for each one, for the left and right hair growth direction. Therefore, there are actually three more brushes in the set — 31.
You receive in the ZIP archive (40.7 Mb):
FUR_by_EldarZakirov.brushset— the file containing the FUR brushes for Procreate;
Realistic FUR for Procreate — some tips and notes.pdf — the PDF file containing some tips you see below just to have them on hand;
• Copyright and License:
• Please note: there are versions of this brush set for a number of software products: Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, Procreate, Affinity Photo / Designer. You’re looking through the PROCREATE version page. Please be sure that you’re buying the right one. I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations. But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
• This product can be used in an unlimited number of personal and commercial works.
• Cannot be resold, shared, or provided to the third persons entirely and partially.
• The price of $10 is for a SINGLE USER only: The Personal Standard License for personal and commercial use by One (single) user. — $10
• For a Studio and a Group of Users please purchase an Extended Commercial/Collective/Studio License: the Extended Commercial License for Studios, Working groups, or a Group of users, for use on an unlimited number of commercial projects with no limits on sales or views. — $38
Some useful tips and notes:
• Start coloring with a neutral, halftone local color, then shade it according to the volume and lighting, then add layers of the fur with colors a bit lighter than underlying shading.
• Try at first to place basic shading with a less detailed brush, hard or soft, and then put the fur strands above, according to the form and lighting.
• Make some areas deeper (darker) — shaded areas among strands near their roots — or set some light and highlight accents.
• Play also with layer and brush blending modes, such as Soft Light, Screen, Multiply, etc.
• Go from common to partial shapes: firstly specify the main volumes, lights and shadows, then go to detailing.
• In the end, I'd add some the sharpest strands or hairs, maybe blur or darken some of the underlying strands, light up some of most visible, highlighted. Try to make some of them softer of sharper, darker or lighter in the finish or work, kind of post-processing. Add some highlights, specular.
• As said before, the brushes # 2,3 and 8 have two options for each one, for left and right hair growth direction.
How to install the brushes:
- Just go to the brushes and push the "+" sign in the top, right to the "Brush Library" title (or choose absolutely any of installed brushes), then choose 'Import' at the top of the Brush Studio window.
- Then specify the file with the downloaded brush set (FUR_by_EldarZakirov.brushset).
- Voila! The folder with the set will appear at the top of the brush category list.
- Read more at Procreate.art.