In this series I go through the process of texturing and modeling this turtle asset from start to finish. I go through my methodology and workflows with step by step narration. Along the way I’m going to talk about it all: Design, UVs, modelling, sculpting, Texturing, topology and even a few failures.
Info on what's included below or check out the trailer for it here:
I use Zbrush, Maya and Mari with a small section using Substance Designer. I will not be teaching the very basics of the software but do have 11 mini lessons throughout to teach techniques I use throughout :) There are also plenty of free software tutorials on my Youtube Channel!
- 21 x Narrated Videos (Just under 7 hours of footage if I've done the maths right)
- 11 x Mini Lesson Videos
- Zbrush File and Low Poly OBJ
- Final Exported Textures
- & More
- 00 - Intro / VFX Asset Pipeline
- 01 - Ref is King
- 02 - Zbrush Blockout
- 03 - Retopo & UVing
- 03b - Retopoing Cont. Shell & Tail
- 04 - UV and UDIM Workflow
- 05 - Zbrush Hand Sculpted Details
- 06 - Painting Displacement in Mari
- 06b - Shell Problem Solving
- 07 - Analysing a First Pass Render
- 08 - Zbrush Second Pass
- 09 - Mari and Zbrush Balancing
- 10 - Colour Block In and Mari Setup
- 11 - Adding More Colour Details in Mari
- 12 - Shell Hand Painting in Mari
- 13 - Checking Renders and Making Edits
- 13b - Final Mari Colour Textures
- 14 - Making Secondary Maps
- 15 - Glasses, Nails and Eyes
- 16 - Arnold Render Scene Overview
- 17 - Post Mortem
Small Software Disclaimer: In the Mari sections I am using the full commercial version with the extension pack. While I use a few Extension Pack nodes I give alternatives in all but one situation incase you are using the Non-Commercial version or don't have the EP. Just wanted to mention that upfront :)
The Mari File is also not included as I don't have the rights to distribute the tiled textures and other resources used inside of it.
This is for a single non-commercial license, if you want to use it for anything other than that please get in contact.
This series is also for sale on my Gumroad with the same GBP price converted into USD for Artsation. If you have purchased it there, there is no difference to this one.