This time image-making takes a back-seat, and just serves as a vehicle for us to discuss the topics that are most important to you; what you write about in your PM’s, notes, and emails to me.
It’s not what you think!
What this process video is: A multi topic, process video where we discuss not only the pitfalls, challenges and hardships we encounter as we pursue a career in image making, but more importantly the workable solutions to those hardships, setbacks, and obstacles. We also discuss image-making, albeit in a secondary capacity.
What this video is not: A hard, efficient, technical breakdown, and step by step process of my usage of modern tools, and a fixed pipeline of image making. I use a 10 year old computer, and a 20 year old version of photoshop. My self-taught process is fluid, chaotic and intuition based. I’m not an instructor. As mentioned, image making is secondary to the discussion, and is more an exercise in practice, study, and experimentation.
• Adapting To Adversity: Transforming lack of progress, insecurity and dissatisfaction with your own art into a tool.
Loneliness, disillusionment, poverty, frustration, uncertainty. How do we deal with these challenges and still keep the motivation, and enthusiasm for our craft - and mission as creatives - alive? We discuss the specific, workable solutions in a plan of action that I've employed for over 20 years.
Image making: Sometimes - for one reason or another - we can't bring our best, no matter what our intentions may be. Sometimes we have to create something we don't like, and sometimes we just "phone it in" to make a buck. I take you with me as I experience all of that creating this image, and discuss the elusive value of our failures.
• Self-Critique: Art School, Study Groups, Crit Groups, Workshops. You don’t need them. Learn how to stop depending on social media, and asking for permission from the “concept art community” to find your voice, advance, and grow.
• Building Relationships With Art Directors: Getting yourself out of the way to fulfill objectives is the name of the game. We talk about growing this very special relationship, which is based on trust.
• The Mail Bag: What’s most important to you, and what you write about. We answer the most asked questions.
• 6.5 hours
• 9 bucks
- 6.5 Hours, Fully Narrated, 5 Videos Separated By Topic