Senior Staff Character Technical Director (Blend Shape Artist)
Senior Character Technical Director
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are looking for an experienced Character Technical Director to join our team in beautiful Bend Oregon. This role requires strong Maya rigging/setup skills as well as understanding of anatomy and realistic deformation to deliver consistent results that are done efficiently, timely, meeting the technical/animation requirements, and most importantly maintaining the industry-leading quality PlayStation’s award-winning first party lineup is known for.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Set up and maintain character (humans and animals) rigs.
- Work with art team to generate models that meet deformation requirements.
- Work with animation team to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation and gameplay needs.
- Set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair).
- Create and support rigging/animation tools as needed.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation.
Skills & Requirements
Requirements & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Maya, with minimum of 4 years of production experience in game or film/vfx fields.
- Understanding of character/prop rigging techniques and principles.
- Familiarity with figure and facial anatomy.
- Experience in adopting production pipelines and following guidelines and system requirements.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions.
- Python and Maya scripting proficiency.
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient and be proactive in preventing/solving production issues.
- Effective communication skills.
- Maya API (Python and/or C++)
- Familiarity in runtime performance efficiency and optimization
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Contact Dan Lowery at email@example.com. Please send a portfolio and resume.
Also please apply at the following link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/sonyinteractiveentertainmentplaystation/jobs/3105945
About the Company
Founded in 1993, Bend Studio is a team of over 100+ veteran engineers, artists, designers, and support staff who are dedicated to excellence and innovation. We have the close-knit environment and camaraderie of a small studio, where everyone knows everyone, while at the same time enjoying the stability and security provided by being part of Sony Interactive Entertainment. We are dedicated to producing only AAA award-winning games that showcase the power of current and future game consoles from Sony Interactive Entertainment.