About the opportunity
We have an awesome opportunity to work with a team that is transforming mobile phone entertainment through quality content and innovative ideas. We are committed to growing our employees, and you will be given the opportunity to grow inside a friendly and professional team. You will be among hard-working, dedicated, and incredibly talented individuals. In order to maintain this, we like to constantly raise our talent bar, and only hire the best! In return for offering us a skill set that is unmatched and a talent for what you do, you’ll be surrounded by company that is incredibly bright, supportive, and creative.
Why you’ll love it
We believe our culture is a leading factor to our success and helps us to attract and retain the best talent! We work hard to foster an intensely collaborative, fun, and creative environment, with training and professional growth opportunities at our forefront. We strongly believe and endorse equal opportunity employment and value diversity at Halfbrick. We’re a tight knit crew who celebrate self-expression, and hey, some perks never hurt either.
Some Halfbrick perks include:
- Salary sacrificing for phones, laptops, gaming consoles, superannuation and novated lease.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote working.
- Open management without bureaucracy.
- Extra leave benefits.
- Loads of social events.
- Awesome rewards and recognition opportunities.
The successful candidate
Perhaps you’ve spent one too many nights up late gaming. Maybe you have really flexible thumbs. Possibly you have a vendetta for fruit. Either way, you love our games and you want to be part of creating something special! If you think you have what it takes to raise our talent bar, then you're exactly what we're looking for.
Some other bits about you:
- Talented and experienced.
- Confident in your skills.
- Interested and concerned with the details.
- Passionate about mobile games.
- A clear and concise communicator.
- A true team player.
- Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
- A proactive and positive thinker.
Skills & Requirements
- Expertise in 3D Animation.
- Sound knowledge on 3D graphics (Modelling, Unwrapping, Texturing)
- Sound Knowledge of the full 3D production pipeline including rigging, skinning.
- 2D and 3D rigs and animation (Spine, Unity, UE4).
- Troubleshooting / debugging on technical issues.
- Monitoring work to be as efficient as possible with space/speed.
- Work with other Artists and Developers to ensure highest quality output.
- Integrate assets in-game without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of platform.
- Familiarity and experience with mobile device limitations and challenges.
- Sound knowledge with Unity or UE4 including Material setup, Prefab creation, lighting, UI, Animation, Particle and other Visual effects.
- 1 – 3+ years experience in games development.
- Prior experience with version control software such as Perforce.
- Working remotely is an option
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please head over to our careers page to apply: https://halfbrick.com/about-us/careers/
About the Company
Halfbrick is a game developing studio that is globally recognised for its success with phone games such as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Headquartered in Brisbane, with awesome teams around the world, we pride ourselves on creating games that people remember for a lifetime. Halfbrick is one of Australia’s longest running and most successful game developers. Our success is built on a culture that encourages passion, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an openness towards trying different approaches to how we make games.